Thursday, March 02, 2006

A Most Special Day

I just want to quickly and publicly wish (before the day is over!) my brother Parker a very Happy Birthday! He was born this day, 1989. It was bitterly cold (for Texas) and there was some white stuff on the ground that people up north call "snow" and "ice". I was staying at a friend's house and my dad came by to ask if I wanted to go with him to the hospital to see my new baby brother. I opted to stay with my friend, and I regretted it the minute my dad pulled out of the driveway, and because it was the dawn before instant communication for the masses, there wasn't any way for me to tell Dad that I had changed my mind, and so I was upset for the whole day. The most memorable moment of the day for me, however, was when I looked out into my friend's backyard in the afternoon and saw a rainbow. For some reason, that made an impression on me (I was very young, if that explains anything). So, on this day of memorable anniversaries such as Martyn Lloyd-Jones' death and Texas Independence Day, etc.,. the one that means the most to me is the anniversary of my brother's grand entrance into this world. I love you, little brother, and will thank God always that He sent you to our family.

No comments: