Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Midweek Odds and Ends

One week from today I will be in Florida, gearing up to attend Ligonier's National Conference. I will also be working in the bookstore, and hopefully blogging from the conference every chance I get. I intend to live-blog the sessions, but won't know for sure until I get there and see about internet connection from the conference site. But until then, I will be busy with a variety of things, including seeing this artist tonight. It is not an understatement to say that I am very much looking forward to seeing/hearing Joshua Bell playing some classical pieces on his Stradivarius.

In my knitting news, I finished-at long last!-my Frilly Cardigan. After ripping out probably 1,000 stitches on the ruffles, I grit my teeth Monday evening and just sat working on those stubborn frills until they came out right. The result is far from perfect, but I'm just glad to be done with it. Besides, the yarn couldn't have stood any more ripping, so it just had to be finished, mistakes or no mistakes. I have yet to attach the ties to the cardigan because after basting them on and then trying on the cardigan, I wasn't pleased with the look. It seems to look better without the ties. My sister has suggested a button instead. For now, however, I'm done working on this project until I get my knitting sanity back. I was looking forward to debuting my new cardi, but the weather has turned insanely warm since Monday, wouldn't you know, and it looks as though my cardigan is getting the last laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have had a busy week!
I am looking forward to conference posts! :-)

Lexi