Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 4: Tips/Tricks to a Budget Friendly holiday season

I wish that I had some knowledge to impart about this subject but sadly, I don't have any beyond what I stated already on the Black Friday note. :) I know that I've found that sometimes driving all over town to get a deal is not worth the time ("time is money", or so they say!), especially if it's only $10 off of $30, or 15% off of $50, or what-have-you deals that show up around Christmas. For myself, I discovered that I actually save money by just buying what I need when I need it, or, if I don't need it immediately, waiting for it to go on sale. I also save money by staying out of stores who are having huge sales all the time because I'm usually tempted to spend money on things I don't necessarily need because it's "a good deal". I try not to get caught up in the "gotta get it now because it's going fast and it's soooo cheap" shopping frenzies because then I end up buying something I didn't plan for and I end up feeling that I have to give it to someone in order to justify the purchase. Silly, I know - but there you are. :)

No comments: