Saturday, May 26, 2007

Summer Plans...

I read this article when it first appeared on the BBC homepage back in April. I saved the link, hoping to revisit it when I had time. Now that teaching is wrapped up for the school year, I finally have time to catch up on reading, listening, and writing on subjects interesting to me.
Such as...

I want to read more about global warming. Not that I think we're all going to die from it, mind you. (This frenzied rush to save the world - Y2K flashback anyone? Just one example of media-induced, pointless panic...) I want to study Anti-Americanism and America's influence, good or bad, over the rest of the world. I want to catch up on world events. I want to read more about health and scientific discoveries. (Chocolate constituent better than fluoride?) I want to read more literature and history.

I really want to read this. Watch this. Knit this.

Summer just isn't long enough...

No comments: