Monday, September 22, 2008

Airplane Watching

On Saturday we decided to go check out the new observation area at our airport. It was fun to watch all the planes taking off, going to destinations that, for all we knew, are exciting and unique. They were probably only going to other boring cities, but it's fun to imagine differently. ;-) I am sure all the passengers on the various planes were wondering what celebrity was on their flight, the way people crowded in to watch landings. There were airport employees, families, photographers, and people (like us) who were just interested in observing. I never knew before then what a sport airplane watching could be.

The following photos were taken by Landon (of course) and represent just another day at the airport.

Lexi gets a close up look at what could be called the "behind-the-scenes" area of the airport: the gates and tarmac.
We were there for a few international arrivals. (Nice big planes!) I became travel anxious when I spotted BA. Must go to London now! was my immediate thought.



Ah, nothing like a visit to the airport to make the travel bug bite deep into a currently stationary object such as myself. Next year promises to be a good travel year for me, if I can only hold out until then... ;-)

No comments: