Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Birthday, America!

Today I will be celebrating our Nation's birthday with good food, games, Wimbledon, visiting with family, more food, boating out onto Lake Grapevine for the city's fireworks display, knitting, finishing my current book Wives and Daughters, and whatever else I can think of to celebrate the day with! I'm certainly not going to waste a lot of time blogging with so much going on, so I leave you with a few links worth looking at on this Independence Day:

Dr. George Grant has posted the Declaration of Independence. While you're there, be sure to read this poem by John Greenleaf Whittier in praise of our first President.

Over on the GirlTalk blog, we are given "a girly perspective" on our grand holiday.

And finally, Dr. Ligon Duncan reminds us that the War for Independence was even called "the Presbyterian rebellion" due to the significance of Reformed influence in America at the time.

Have a glorious day celebrating your freedom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»