Friday, April 23, 2010

This Was Grace.

As someone who works in a church, I am always amazed at how deeply our culture has penetrated the family of God with its worldview that human life, if less than perfect, is not worth living. And while my coworkers would claim a "pro-life" stance, their attitudes towards disabled babies, and the horror of having more than three kids, speaks loud and clear of their paradoxical stance regarding the value of human life.

I believe that we, as Christians, have to speak up for the rights of the unborn. I believe that we have to educate Christians on the difference between God's values and the world's values. I believe that rampant abortion is a judgment on society; that we have been allowed to kill innocent human beings for so long now, without consequence, seems to signify (to me anyway) that God has withdrawn his hand of mercy from us.

Thankfully, some Christians are fighting for people with disabilities, like this family, who share their story in this video. What a beautiful testimony...

No comments: