Thursday, February 18, 2010

Yes, I'm Still Here

It's been awhile, I know. Life is crazy, and I thank you if you still check this blog. I'll try to be more worthy of your time and attention. :) I got interrupted from the visual look back at last year, and then when I wanted to return to it, I thought that so much more had occurred, so much had happened that wasn't caught in pictures. I may continue to post some photos as a look-back, but for now I just want to resume blogging. I do miss it and hope to be more regular.

For starters, I took a break from my emails, essays, and work to check a few blogs I haven't read in awhile. One is Radical Womanhood by Carolyn McCulley, who is, simply, an inspiring woman. In her most recent posts was a link to this story from the Washington Post, which addresses a new technology being used to find brain activity in people who are in a vegetative state. Not surprisingly, people in comas are capable of using their brains even though they often have minimal or no physical activity/function. Ms. McCulley went on to reflect on this amazing story, of a young man who was thrown into a coma after an accident. After four years of loving care from his parents and girlfriend, he has made an amazing recovery. Please read the story, you can't help but be moved and inspired. On their blog, I saw this post which could be one of the best responses to suffering I have ever seen.

No comments: