Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It's All In The Spelling...

First, I entered my name and came up with this:


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
0
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?



Then, just for fun, I changed the spelling to "Shelby" and got this:

* There are 53,994 people in the U.S. with the first name Shelby.
* Statistically the 748th most popular first name. (tied with 18 other first names)
* 69.44 percent of people with the first name Shelby are female.

I thought "Wow, I'm the only Shelbi with an 'i'!" So then, still feeling special, I did a "Shelbi" search on Blingo and found "Shelbi: a dog profile". It was some Labrador's web page. After seeing that, I suddenly didn't feel so special anymore. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, you're NOT the only Shelbi with an "i" :) --I stumbled on your site accidentally via the Rebelution website. I like what I've read so far, by the way. Guess I'll keep reading.
--the other Shelbi with an "i," who happens to also be a Reformed Christian, and a knitter, a reader, a writer, and definitely not a Labrador.

Shelbi said...

Wow, this is pretty amazing! I'm so glad that the Labrador isn't the only other Shelbi out there. ;-)

What do you enjoy knitting the most? I have just finished a pair of fingerless gloves and am working on a sweater and lace shawl now. I also occasionally knit socks.

Thanks for stopping by! :-)